Alert emails are sent based on user selections made when adding or editing entity document, requirement, or contact records.
Editor users may create or update alerts by doing the following:
Go to "Entities" and click on an entity's "Legal Name" link to view the desired record.
To set an alert for a document, requirement or contact record:
On the "Documents" tab, click "Add" to create a new document record and related alert or click on the document title link to edit the document record including the alert settings.
On the "Requirements" tab, click "Add" to create a new requirement record and related alert or click on the requirement summary link to edit the requirement record including the alert settings.
On the "People" tab, click "Add" to create a new contact record and related alert or click on the name link to edit the contact record including the alert settings.
Each type of alert functions the same way:
- Check "Send alert?" to send email notifications for the selected record.
- Enter a number of days, select "Before" or "After", and select a record date field for the alert. For example, to send an email notification 90 days before a record date, enter "90" in the days field and select "Before". You may enter "0" days to send an email notification on the selected date.
- If needed, select the "Repeats" option and set the desired frequency of repeating email alerts after the initial alert. Note that you can set repeating alerts to stop after a certain number of occurrences by selecting the "Ends After" option.
- Select "Recipients" from the list of Lextree users or click "Add a new option" to enter the name and email address for an email recipient that is not a Lextree user (once entered, these new recipients will be available in the selection list for future alerts). Non-user recipients will only receive the email alerts and will not be able to view any record information in Lextree.
- Check "Include message?" to enter a message to be included in the alert email. Leaving this checkbox blank will send an alert message that only contains the summary information for the selected record.
- Click "Submit" to create or update the alert.