Editor users may create new contract records by doing the following:
- Go to "Contracts".
- Click “Add”.
- Select an existing party from the Parties field or click “+ Add a new option” below the field to add new parties for the contract, and then enter additional contract information.
- Assign at least one group to the contract (this determines which users will have access to the contract record).
- If needed, you may check the "Auto-Renewal?" checkbox and set a schedule for Lextree to automatically update the expiration date of the contract.
- You may also setup email alerts for the contract by clicking the "Send Alert?" checkbox and selecting the desired alert email timing, frequency, recipients, and message.
- Click "Submit" to create the contract record and a second form will be displayed where you may upload or link a document attachment for the contract (you may add additional attachments on the page that follows). Click "Submit" to upload the initial document attachment and view the newly created record.
NOTE: Contract records may also be created by authorized users through the request process.
Lextree will then ask you to add a document to the contract record. You can add more documents later.